Bus ticket refunds for delays & cancellations
Bus ticket refunds are often available if your journey is delayed or cancelled. You might receive a compensation for the inconvenience, but this situation is subject to the train operator decision
IN THIS ARTICLE
Am I eligible for compensation?
You can file a claim for the following reasons:
- Delay or cancellation of your bus.
- Illness or hospitalisation of a traveler.
- Bereavement of a close family member.
How to submit a claim
To file a claim for your bus journey, please email contact us (click "More Help" on the bottom right) with the following:
- Your order reference.
- Details of the delay or cancellation.
- Doctor or hospital note if you've had to abandon your journey due to illness.
- Copy of a death certificate if you've had to cancel due to bereavement.
- Receipts for any additional expenses incurred.
We'll then contact the carrier on your behalf. Claims generally take 1 - 2 months to be resolved, and we'll keep track of your case and notify you of any update. All decisions are made by the train operators, not Rail Europe.
How will my refund be paid
In almost all cases, once the claim has been approved the carrier will send us a credit at the end of the month. Once we've received that, we'll refund your payment card or PayPal account, and send you an email to confirm.