South of France floods Autumn 2019
Due to serious floods in the south of France, rail traffic has been suspended between Narbonne <> Beziers and France <> Spain. Please note that journeys between Paris and Montpellier are not affected.
From October 29 to December 02
As a pre-emptive measure, all international train routes between France <> Spain are cancelled and blocked for sale until 31 December.
If your train has been cancelled, you have a couple of options:
- Exchange your ticket for another date at the station.
- If you exchange your ticket before 02/12 it will be free of charge (at the station only). If the new ticket is booked for travel after 02/12, the exchange will be processed as normal and you will need to pay any fees and additional costs as per your fare conditions.
- Cancel your ticket and request a full refund.
In most cases, a refund should be available via your Rail Europe account regardless of the fare conditions. After the departure time, you will need to submit a claim to recover the cost of the ticket.
Please note that you can request an exchange free of charge at the station before the departure of your booked train.
A special service is offered for the journeys between Barcelona Sants and:
- Valence TGV
- Lyon St Exupery
- Paris Gare de Lyon Travellers from Perpignan, Narbonne, or Bézoers will be transferred in a special train to Barcelona.
Travellers from Montpellier will first take a bus from Montpellier-Sud de France to Béziers, before being transferred to the special train to Barcelona.
Travellers from Paris, Lyon, Valence and Nîmes* will be transferred by train from Paris-Gare de Lyon to Montpellier-Sud de France. This train will stop at Lyon-Saint Exupéry, Valence TGV and Nîmes. Once arrived in Montpellier, they will take a bud to Béziers, where they will be transferred to the special train to Barcelona.
* Due to technical issues, travellers from/to Nîmes will be able to access this service to Spain only.
Seats are offered according to availability on the day.
This information is valid until further notice.
Tickets for onward travel
If you have tickets for connecting or onward services, such as the Eurostar or a domestic French or Spanish trains, these can only be changed or refunded as per their fare conditions. If you decide not to travel and you've booked non-flexible tickets, you will need to submit a claim to your travel insurance company.