Bayern ticket (Bavarian regional day ticket)
Bavarian Regional Day Pass, also referred to as Bayern ticket, is a ticket that is valid to travel unlimited, anywhere within Bavaria, for the date booked. The Bayern ticket or regional day ticket for Bavaria is valid within Bavarian region in Germany and on selected routes of neighboring countries. These tickets are available in two types, Regional day ticket and regional night ticket. The regional day ticket for Bavaria and regional night ticket for Bavaria are valid on the following services in Bavaria:
- All local trains operated by rail companies (e.g. DB's RE and RB trains, non-DB trains)
- All transport association services (S-Bahn, U-Bahn, trams, buses)
- Almost all scheduled bus services in Bavaria
- Selected services operating in neighboring states within Germany and in Austria
Regional Day Tickets:
- Can be booked for a day of your choice
- On a weekday, it can be used starting from 9 am on the booked date up to 3 am the next day.
- On a weekend, public holidays (including Ascension Day) and on 24 and 31 December the ticket can be used from midnight to 3 am the next day.
Regional Night tickets:
- Available to be booked on a date of your choice.
- The ticket can be used Sunday to Thursday from 6 pm to 6 am the next day.
- On Friday, Saturday, on public holidays (including Ascension Day on 15 August) as well as on 24 and 31 December from 6 pm to 7 am the following day.
Number of passengers:
- The ticket can be booked for up to 5 passengers travelling together.
- Children aged 6-14: Passengers can take upto 3 children free of charge, regardless of whether the ticket is purchased for one or more people.
- Children under 6 years of age travel free. They do not need to have a separate ticket and are not counted when determining the number of people.